Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Block # 6


Jelly Roll Quilt Along

What a fun block! It was quite the mission to scrounge through the fabric stash and come up with a fabric for the fussy cut in the center. Mr. Snowman fits perfectly! I'm very pleased with the results.

The end of school is fast approaching. It seems like they are twenty thousand activities scheduled between now and the end of school. Concerts, recitals, assemblies...just lots of events to attend.

But I found time to work on my block today with my neighbor, Designing Diva. Our fabric choices are very different. I enjoy seeing the results from both of us. We have decided this a great way to experiment with color and is excellent practice for our sewing and piecing.

Here are all 6 blocks:



You can see the blue tape in the corner of this picture.

I have a type of flannel that I was taping to the wall to make my design board. I bought it for 2.99 a yard (it's 54") from the decorator fabric store. It's an prep type of flannel that is used to cover furniture before the quality fabric is used.

I taped this cloth to the wall and it was interesting to see the blocks all together and at eye level (as opposed to being spread on the carpeted floor). The tape held the fabric for less than 30 minutes. It's a flannel puddle on the floor; blocks still attached!

I've just got to come up with a better way of attaching it to the wall. It's been a bit too humid, I guess, for the tape to stick well.

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! You are really coming along - I'm amazed! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've always wanted a prep board. Very nice. I found your blog thru spring fever bingo!

    ReplyDelete