Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jelly Roll Quilt-A-Long Block #5

Oh the mistakes that were made when putting this block together! I cut the 5 1/2 inch strips into the 1 1/2" widths. And then I didn't have enough of the same fabric to recut the same fabrics. Did that make sense?

I was suppose to cut the 3 1/2 inch strips into the 1 1/2 inch widths. Doh!

This is my explanation of why there are so many different fabrics in this block. It didn't start that way. But due to my goofy mistakes, the finished result is this:



But, since we're using a jelly roll, I didn't have to worry about the colors matching. It still matches!

And here are all five of the blocks together.



We've been doing some work on the side yard, putting in some flower beds. Husband has picked several roses to put in this area.







These was a couple of weeks ago. I need to post some "now" pictures to show the flowers in bloom. I'll try to do that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment