Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Blocks #8 and #9

Let's get straight to pics of Block #8:



Wow, that's a lot of pieces. It did go together easily with all the strip piecing. Hubby put in his 2 cents and asked, "Why did you make THAT?" Ah! He does not have the complete vision. And while it is busy, I know it will be lovely in the final quilt.

And now Block #9:



I think this was the the quickest block to put together--cutting and sewing. We're getting down to the nitty scraps of the jelly roll. It will be interesting to see how the final blocks transpire due to the smaller realm of choices.

I have a lot of neutrals and a small amount of mediums and darks. I really like the pinks and aqua in this jelly roll. And of course, that's the least amount of any colors in this jelly roll! But it is fun to see them as accents in some of the blocks.

My absense is caused by summer time travel and then a lovely cold I picked up toward the end of our family vacation. An upper respiratory infection sent me to the Doctor's office. And in viewing my records, I haven't been to the Dr. since 2004. I felt horrible if I actually went to see the Dr.!

No comments:

Post a Comment