I'm slower than molasses in January (well, for the northern hemisphere).
It seems that I have gravely underestimated the time I need to spend in this project. I have two blocks done! Woo hoo!
But it’s slowly starting to make sense to my little mind. I thought I would make a block by itself so I could understand the process.
I sew in my living room, in front of the window seat. I like the natural lighting although today, it’s overcast, gray, and dark. Not the greatest light for picture taking—but it is time for an update!
I cut my fabric by the front door on top of a cabinet! So going back and forth from the sewing machine (see it in the background?) to the cutting area is not the quickest use of my time in putting a block together. But I am getting the hang of it and understand the sewing and cutting instructions the more I read them. Now that I've made a couple of blocks, I'll work and cut out all the necessary pieces. That will save time in the running back and forth!
I'm not that swift when it comes to reading and figuring out the pattern. I read them. I think I understand. I read them. I do a little cutting. I’m slowly getting the hang of it.
I have sewn a few of the Ohio Stars parts and pieces and it's lovely to see the colors together. They are just not an actual "star" yet! But "hope springs eternal"!
I have also underestimated the “lights” that I have for this project. I need to dig in the fabric stash for a lot more light fabrics to really get rolling.
I guess it looks like I’m working hard. At least it’s messy enough to look like I’m working!